Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2014

Blake is 5!

Blake's birthday has been going on for about a week now so I finally have all the pictures gathered up! I know I say this every year but I can't believe we have a 5 year old!  He is so excited to start kindergarten in the fall.  I think that will be a big day for all of us!  


Our little man all dressed up for Uncle Joe's wedding!


On Blake's actual birthday we started out with presents at 7am before dad went to work!



Grandma and Grandpa Murray were here for the wedding so they got to celebrate with us.
(the dollars in the background are from them for the kids birthdays)


He now has a batman lego clock so he can get up for school with his own alarm.  He is very excited about the alarm, he has me set it almost every night.  He is very obsessed with Legos at the moment so that was a big theme of this year's presents.  Legos, Ninja Turtles, Superheros, and Minions are probably his favorite things...and reading Harry Potter with dad at night!


Grandma and Grandpa Murray bought a Lego suitcase for Blake.  They thought it would be good for his trips to Chicago to visit family.  Blake has decided it is supposed to hold Legos instead.  Not sure we will ever convince him to put clothes in it!


After presents we decided to head over to Bob Evans for some chocolate chip pancakes for the birthday boy.  I think Blake thought this was the perfect start to his birthday.


I asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday and he requested a play date with one of his favorite preschool friends.  You should have seen the smile on his face when she walked in the door!  
Blake later told me he was going to marry Regan and Claire was going to be the flower girl.
I think after being in 3 weddings he thinks he has it all figured out!



Since we had his party with his friends the weekend after his actual birthday we celebrated with cupcakes on his real birthday.


These two love chocolate!


 Legos, Legos, and more Legos!  This kid is in heaven.  He starts building first thing in the morning and doesn't even want to leave the house because he has so many sets to work on!



Saturday morning Blake helped me with his cake.  He loved mixing the frosting and adding the color.


Finished!  Just in time for the party!


We had his party at a place called World of Bounce.  Non stop bouncing for over an hour, it was great!


 The slide was a favorite.  Claire wouldn't go at first but then she decided to go if daddy walked up with her.  So of course we had to laugh at daddy when he came down the slide.


Claire was a little overwhelmed with all the kids and spent most of the time doing hula hoops and bouncy horses.


Grandma O'Donnell drove in from Chicago the morning of the party to surprise Blake.  
He was so surprised and excited to see her!


The Birthday Bunch


The place had a special chair for the birthday boy.  I think he felt pretty special.


and then a little overwhelmed when everyone started singing to him!


We had a lot of fun celebrating the big 5!
Looking forward to a great year full of new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment