Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 31, 2009

My First...

So many things have been happening in the past few weeks it is hard to keep up!  Blake's first tooth started popping through the week before Christmas and then before we knew it his second tooth started coming through!  I think it was the day after Christmas when we noticed the second one.  I kept thinking of the song "all I want for xmas is my two front teeth" even though I think that is about a kid who has all of their teeth and lost the two front ones.  Slow down Blake, we can't keep up with this pace of growing and changing!  The day after Christmas we decided to give Blake his first taste of real food.  It was rice cereal which I'm not sure I would count as real food but he has to start somewhere I guess.  It went pretty well.  I'm not sure much of it made it to his mouth but he seemed to enjoy the experience and loved all the attention from our Christmas guests (Grandma O'Donnell, Aunt Julia, and Uncle Dan).  He has started to really like cameras and was more interested in getting his photo taken than eating the cereal.  Another first for Blake recently is sleeping on his stomach.  Now that he can roll he doesn't like to sleep on his back much anymore.  The only problem is that he hasn't totally figured out that when you sleep on your stomach you should turn your head to the side so he ends up sleeping on his face a lot.  I'm not sure why he thinks that is comfortable but he won't turn his head no matter how much we try.  I took a picture one morning of his red face because it was kinda funny.  Most people wake up with "bed head", Blake wakes up with "Red head".  Last night I think he actually turned it a little while sleeping so I think he is finally getting the idea.  I am sure the new year will bring many more firsts!


My First Teeth!





My First Food!



Sleeping on my stomach and waking up with red head



Christmas Visitors (Aunt Julia, Uncle Dan, and Grandma O'Donnell)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Teeth!!
    West has been teething for a little over a month now and we can't wait to see those little buggers poke through!

    ReplyDelete