Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard 2013


We survived the blizzard and thankfully didn't lose power.  Hopefully that doesn't change, there are a lot of snow covered icy trees out there that look like they could break at any time!  The shoveling was intense and I am already feeling the back pain coming on.  Ben is at work, I can't even imagine working a 8 hour day after all that shoveling!  The snow has stopped and hopefully that is the end.  Took a few pictures of the house so those of you who have been to our house can see how bad it is.  I feel like the pictures don't do it justice, it is way deeper in person!



View out our front door this morning.  We couldn't open the door because the snow was so high!


This is what it looked like from the front.  There are bushes and steps under there somewhere!


Last night Ben went out with a shovel to smack some of the snow off the trees, they started to droop down to the climber.  He saved the little tree from a lot of damage I think.


The back porch this morning...


and the avalanche waiting to happen off of our roof!


Our little tree out front did just fine!



Ben shoveled a path for Otis of course.


Kids wanted to go check it out this morning, we didn't last long out there but they had fun!






These two are very happy with the results of the blizzard!
I think I have had enough snow now, bring on spring please!

3 comments:

  1. My oh my, I am so glad that you survived the blizzard of 2013 and that at least some of you are still smiling!
    Grandma "O"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Caroline. You guys have had some interesting weather over the past couple years . . . but this is one to remember! And the kids look really cute in all that snow.
    Love,
    Grandpa O

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are relieved to know you made it through the storm. Thanks for the photos. The kids look like they had fun in the snow. Love their snow gear, especially their hats. Sorry you and Ben had to shovel, shovel, shovel. Hope that's the last big snow this year.
    Love, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Arn

    ReplyDelete